Osborne Conservation & Welcome Center
Mission of Clayton County Conservation Board
The mission of the Clayton County Conservation Board is to promote the health and general welfare of the people; and to encourage preservation, conservation, education and recreation through responsible use and appreciation of our natural resources and cultural heritage.
Many people ask the history of Osborne… when it was started, where it is headed and so on. The name of the center comes from the gentleman that first occupied this site in 1865 and named it after himself- Thomas Osborne. In 1878 Mr. Osborne began selling plots of land in order to form the town of Osborne. By 1880 Osborne had grown to include 50 full time residents, a 2 ½ story hotel, blacksmith shop, general store, grain elevator and railroad depot.
Osborne Conservation & Welcome Center is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media