Mid America Museum of Aviation and Transportation
The Mid America Museum of Aviation & Transportation (MAMAT) is an independent, educational 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1989 to create a museum in Sioux City to preserve the area’s rich aviation and transportation history.
- Foster public understanding of all transportation modes
- Educate present and future generations
- Provide a Siouxland tourist attraction
- Build and operate a unique educational museum that will display all phases of aviation and surface transportation… past, present and future
- To create a museum complex that people from all over the world will travel to see
- Develop a museum experience that enhances the quality of life for the people of Siouxland as well as for those who visit the museum from other locations
Larry C. Mitchell
This is a small but truly awesome museum containing quality exhibits both air and transport. The place is clean with a great staff and managed by a professional. If you are passing through the Siouxland area it's well worth your while to stop in. You'll enjoy it!!
Very awsome experience