American Legion Park
One of West Des Moines oldest and prettiest parks is American Legion Park located at the corner of 4th Street and Vine Street on the east side of the city. Full of mature trees with a large open play space, this 9.93 acre park is a favorite for many people.
- A rentable picnic shelter with grill
- Restrooms (open April 15 - October 15, weather permitting)
- Play equipment
- Large open playfield
- Softball field with skinned infield
- Spray ground
- Open daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day, 11AM to 7PM, weather permitting
- To conserve water, the sprays are activated by users during open hours. There is a button that activates the sprays in 10-minute intervals.
- Horseshoe courts
- Shuffleboard court
- Basketball court
- Tennis court (lighted)
- 6 Foot Half-pipe skate structure
- American Legion Park Map